Hyatt and Partnership for Healthier America Team Up to Fight Childhood Obesity
We’re very excited to announce that we’ve officially teamed up with Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), led by honorary chairwoman First Lady Michelle Obama, to move one step closer in solving the nation’s childhood obesity crisis.
This announcement was made today at PHA’s inaugural "Building a Healthier Future Summit" where we pledged to improve the nutritional profile of our food menus, including children’s menus, at all Hyatt hotels and resorts in the U.S. and Canada.
Children’s Menus: Changes starting now and to be fully implemented by the end of November 2012
- Offer a fruit or vegetable as the default side item with all children’s meals
- Make 8 oz. servings of nonfat or low-fat milk available with free refills. Promote milk or water prominently on the menu
- Offer at least one children’s menu meal option that meets the MyPlate federal guidance: one to two servings of fruit and vegetables, a whole grain serving, a lean protein serving, and a low fat dairy (or dairy substitute) serving, which together have a nutrient composition equal to or less than 600 calories, 30 percent of total calories from fat, 10 percent total calories from saturated fat, 600 mg of sodium, and no more than 10 grams added sugar. Position and feature that meal as the first on the children’s menus
- Ensure any food illustrations on children’s menus depict nutritious options, including milk or water as the beverage of choice if beverages are depicted
- By 2016, reduce the calorie footprint by at least 10 percent across all food menus, with an endeavor to have at least 50 percent of U.S. Hyatt properties meeting this standard within three years
- By 2016, reduce the sodium content of its food by at least 10 percent across all food menus, with an endeavor to have at least 50 percent of U.S. Hyatt properties meeting this standard within three years
- By 2016, reduce the added sugar content of food by at least 10 percent across all food menus, with an endeavor to have at least 50 percent of U.S. Hyatt properties meeting this standard by within three years
- At least two healthy menu meal options will be equivalent to or lower in price than less healthy menu meal options. This pricing parity will appear on all menus by 2016, with an endeavor to have at least 50 percent of menus reflecting this change within three years
In addition to the menu enhancements above, we’ve already made significant changes to menus in the U.S. and Canada, including the use of cage-free eggs, as well as sourcing beef from Meyer Farm, which is known for raising cattle humanely and naturally.
All changes will be implemented at all Hyatt managed restaurants in the U.S. and Canada, as well as on menus for room service, catering, bars, lounges, and pools.
Make sure to stay tuned as we continue to share exciting details surrounding this new partnership!
List Of Cebu Hotels Resorts and Spa
THE BELLAVISTA HOTEL THE BELLAVISTA HOTEL is an intimate luxury in the midtown Lapu-lapu City area. Patterned after the best European boutique hotels with Avant Garde world-class design and impeccable attention to detail, this hotel is just a few minutes away from Gaisano Mactan Mall or Marina Mall where there are many Restaurants and Commercial establishments. The Hotel has two(2) restaurants, a lobby lounge a...
In Terra Manna Camping Resort, nature is its spotlight. Inside the four-hectare resort cum nature garden, guests and visitors can indulge in the minimal structure yet bountiful space of breath-taking sights all around the camping resort. Eastside of the resort, guests can see the invigorating sight of the Badian’s blue-ridge heights. Meanwhile, in the west, guests can feast on the wonderful view of the sleepy Tañon Strait. Due to the tropical weather of the Philippines, each guest can take pleasure in every instant of their stay at the...
Plantation Bay Resort and Spa opened in 1996 and since then has over a million guests and visitors from the four corners of the world. Guests who have come and stayed at the Plantation Bay Resort and Spa have all agreed that it’s one of the finest resorts they have ever been into. This 11.4 hectare resort is just half an hour drive from Cebu City. Plantation Bay Resort and Spa boasts it privately-owned waterways plus the unspoiled stylishness of colonial plantation architecture. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, whether you’re t...
Situated in the northwestern island paradise called Bantayan Island, Ogtong Cave Resort is within the Municipality of Sta.Fe. The island is recognized for its fine and magnificent white beach sands and bountiful seafood such as crabs and dried fish. During the Holy Week, locals and tourist come to the island to witness the holy procession in Bantayan Island.Ogtong Cave Resort offers guests and visitors accommodations situated on large natural rocks in the midst of landscape gardens. Ogtong Cave Resort offers aircon and non-aircon Villas. The...
HANNAH'S PLACE RESTAURANT AND LODGE Hannah’s Place is located at the extreme north of Panagsama Beach, in Moalboal, Cebu. Regular rates for an overnight stay at a Deluxe Room at Hannah’s Lodge is $56.82 OR (Php2,500). The Standard Room is at $45.45 OR (Php2,000) per night. Accommodations include breakfast. Full board accommodations cost an additional $25 per person. All rooms are air-conditioned. Other room amenities include a mini bar and hot and cold sho...
COUCOU LODGE CouCou Lodge is centrally stationed in Poblacion, Santa Fe of Bantayan Island. Rooms are complete with Air conditioning, Electric fan, plush beds and private bathrooms. Just outside of the rooms is the CouCou Restaurant, where one can enjoy meals from breakfast to dinner. A well-stocked bar for late night entertainment is available as ...